As the University moves forward amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, plans are being made to reopen the campus and welcome new (and old) students to Lincoln for the upcoming academic year. As part of this challenging process, many decisions are being made about how we use our space and keep everyone safe. In order to ensure that the decisions we make do not differentially affect groups within our community, we have established an Equalities Advisory Group. Co-chaired by the Director of the Eleanor Glanville Centre and the Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (HR), this group will apply an equality lens to the decision-making processes of the Senior Leadership Team and associated working groups.
Membership of the Equalities Advisory Group is broad and, we believe, representative of the institution as a whole.
- To assess the impact of Covid-19 on staff and students across the University
- To provide recommendations to SLT to inform the reopening of campus following the Covid-19 lockdown
- To provide recommendations to SLT to inform future responses to Covid-19 (or similar) events
- To provide a framework for assessing the EDI impact of decision-making processes
- To review and provide advice on the Equality Impact Assessments (EIA) carried out by the working groups associated with SLT
Contact us if you have a question, or would like further information